Loopy Ewe Spring Fling: A Photo Recap

Over the weekend I had the honor of teaching beaded lace at The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling and oh my, what a wonderful weekend!  The flingers are legendary and I have to admit I was a bit nervous heading out there all on my own. Of course as soon as I got there my fears dissolved... will I ever learn that there is absolutely no reason to be nervous around knitters?
Dinner on the first night
Adopted for the first night's dinner by Lisa, Jaci, Lisa, Angela and Mel... 
lucky me!
The Loopy Ewe!
Private shopping session at The Loopy Ewe... I did a little damage and left a few things behind I am pining after!  You can see Sheri heading to grab some yarn for a project she was itching to cast on for... love that!
The four teachers
The Teachers:  Kirsten Kapur, myself, Anne Hanson, and JC Briar
Wishing we had Sheri in this pic with us!  One of the parts I love about teaching at events like this is the time spent with other designers, Anne, JC, Kirsten and myself had some wonderful talks that really got me thinking (even more than usual)!
Kirsten and Anne!
Kirsten and Anne
Cuff in Progress
Beading 101 in Action
Beaded Cuff Morning
Beading 101 Morning Class holding up their cuffs in process!
Beaded Cuff  Afternoon
Beading 101 Afternoon Class!
Entomology in Progress
Working on Entomology, serious stuff!
Entomology Afternoon
Entomology Afternoon class 
(we totally forgot to take a pic in the am class, sorry everyone!)
My stash enhancement!
My Stash Enhancement (from left to right): 
Three Irish Girls Glenhaven Cashmerino Worsted in Carey; 
Sweet Georgia Cashsilk Lace in China Doll;  
Wollmeise Twin in GREEN;
String Theory Bluestocking in Didgeridoo
Both Kirsten and I got a skein of the Bluestocking and we might just be planning a little design challenge with them!
My new motto!
My new motto.... x100!
So, THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU Sheri and all the Loopy Elves and Flingers... what an wonderful weekend, I adored sharing my love of beads and knitting with you and I can't wait to see what you create with your new found skills!

And an fyi for those of you who are wondering:  The last clue of the Mystery KAL is going out today, check your e-mail soon!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your wonderful class (I was in the Entomology am class). You are an awesome teacher and I learnt so much! I can't wait to get back to knitting on my shawl, and doing some other beading projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to you teaching again at next year's Fling. Will sign up for your class asap. I heard such wonderful comments from everyone that took your class.

    Fondly in Fiber

    Ava Reddick - The Euridite Knitter FB & Raverly Group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to have you here and I'm glad you made it back home, safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou ~ happystasherMay 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM

    Great recap! I enjoyed meeting you at the Fling and showing off my Mystery KAL. I have to go download Clue #5 now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your class! (Entomology afternoon) Thanks for teaching and for the fabulous recap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your classes! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Hoping I get to come back in another year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved meeting you. Had a wonderful time a the fling increasing my skills - thanks to you!

    Marie

    p.m. Beaded cuff class

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a fantastic time in this class. I only took the class because it was the only one that I had not taken. But now I am converted to knitting with beads.

    Laura you are a fantastic instructor and very organized. You have a fantastic grasp of changing the way you explain to meet the need of the students. As we all know not everyone speaks/understands the same.

    Congratulation on a successful Spring Fling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so nice meeting you and having dinner with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved my entomology with you. Got my new smaller beads to recast on. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally scored with the green Wollmeise! Awesome colour.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment