Trapeze Mystery KAL: The Final Reveal!

Trapeze Shawl
Well, it's time for the big reveal, I waited longer than usual to share photos of my Trapeze as it's been WAY too much fun watching everyone finish theirs and I didn't want to steal the thunder.  This mystery KAL has been by far the most amazing KAL I have ever run.  My Ravelry group outdid itself with it's support, education, entertainment, and knitting prowess.  Seriously, we had a knitting LOVE FEST!!!!  I'm planning a post for next week that shows off some of the other amazing Trapezes (Trapezi?) that have been made!
Trapeze Shawl
My version of Trapeze was knit in Madeline Tosh Sock in Burnished with Toho and Matsuno beads.... I'm a bit of a bead snob, and the two beads I chose to use were not available anywhere we could find.  I did end up buying them wholesale and putting them in my Etsy shop if you need to have them too! 
Trapeze Shawl
My goal with a Mystery KAL is to keep people guessing... with this one I played with construction and not until the final clues did the pieces come together!
Trapeze Shawl
First three trapezoids were knit from the center out and placed onto scrap yarn. These trapezoids were then connected by beaded lace triangles. The top edge of the shawl is then finished off with attached i-cord and finally the the bottom border is worked with two colors of beads and a gentle lacy ruffle. Of course you can knit this pattern with only one color of bead, or no beads at all, and it will still be gorgeous!
Trapeze Shawl
The FINAL VERSION of Trapeze is now available! An update has been sent out to all of you who signed up for the KAL.  The pattern is both charted and written out, there are exclusive video tutorials for working the lace sections with beads AND there is a ginourmous amount of information in my Ravelry group.  Are you working on yours and haven't finished yet?  We've got a "slow swingers" thread going strong for those of you who need help and encouragement!

A quick note about this photo shoot: I cheated on Caitlin (yes, I felt guilty...) and worked with a new model, Zainab, who you will be seeing more of.  These photos were taken in front of the Cornell Schwartz Center for the Arts whose architecture style is truly 80's and was the perfect geometric background. I love how the turquoise window framing played with the lines of the shawl and the yarn's color highlights.

The BIG QUESTION:  When is the next Mystery KAL?  I am shooting for April 1st... I'm choosing yarn and plotting a crazy course of action now...... : )!

Comments

  1. So pretty! Love the shots on the orange jacket, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun to be part of the group!
    Thank you for that great design, Laura,
    it was a pleasure to do this MKAL!
    Lakshmi07

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the next one! You're awesome, Laura. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos look great! The last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is your BEST ever.....It is an amazing piece of art and creativity....You truly are a genius.....I loved following the group,who themselves are a fantastic bunch of knitters.....CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done !!!!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear my Trapeze nearly every other day, it is warm and fun and not too long, so it's not in the way. I love the ruffle, and the way it drapes. Thanks so much for a great design and wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! This was a great out of the box MKAL for me. (beads - lots of them) So enjoyed meeting you, it was the best part. Thanks for a well written design. Look forward to April.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RachelG (ArchyKnitr on Ravelry)November 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM

    Lovely, just lovely. I especially like the beaded lace triangles. And your model looked great in it-- especially in the orange coat-- POP!

    I was a part of your Ennoble KAL and it was super fun (even though I was really slow finishing). You host a great KAL! Maybe by April I will have cleared the knitting deck for some time on another KAL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerry (aka RosyBijou)November 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM

    Congratulations, Laura!
    Had to laugh at the "Love Fest" comment... so very true! This was my first KAL and it was indeed a wonderful experience with a fun, kind & supportive bunch of knitters. I'm part of the "Slow Swingers" at this time... can't quite bring myself to let it all end... ;-)

    Thanks so much for a fun & educational experience. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your Trapeze. It was such great pleasure participating in your MKAL. You are an amazing designer; I am honored to wear one of your designs. You made the KAL so much fun while helping me to stretch and learn.
    Thank you!!!
    Donna Hayes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures of a very interesting, fun and instructional project. Thank you for that. I'm afraid I'll have to come back for more.
    GreteJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Trapeze is wonderful!!! Thanks for the Final version of the pattern.
    I am looking forward to joining you again in April for another MKAL. My college semester will finish the end of April and I will be able to devote more time to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Trapeze is wonderful!!! Thanks for the Final version of the pattern.
    I am looking forward to joining you again in April for another MKAL. My college semester will finish the end of April and I will be able to devote more time to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I love how the turquoise window framing played with the lines of the shawl and the yarn's color highlights." me, too!

    wonderful yarn and beads colors!

    Thanks so much for a wonderful learning experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment